Farrah has been practicing law in the great State of Texas since May 2010. She has represented individuals and businesses before Texas state and federal courts, and has trial experience.
Farrah is also experienced in resolving matters without court intervention through mediation, arbitration, and has negotiated fair settlements for her clients.
We’re fluent in Bengali/Bangla, Hindi, Urdu, and Spanish.
- Southern Methodist University, B.A. in International Studies, 2005
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D., 2010
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Co-Vice Chair of Dallas Bar Association Legalline, 2015
Bar Admissions& Licenses
- State Bar of Texas, May 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Greater Asian American Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member of City of Plano TIF Reinvestment Zone No. 2 Board.
- U.S. India Chamber of Commerce – Dallas/Ft. Worth, Young Entrepreneurs and Professionals Board Member
- Successfully defended and secured a judgment for an automobile repair shop wrongfully sued by a customer for breach of contract and DTPA violation.
- Successfully appealed a decision of denial of an I-130 application by an immigration officer by a detailed brief.
- Won a jury trial in Tarrant County, Texas for a backyard-recreation equipment manufacturer and sellers who sued their former employee for conversion.
- Successfully dismissed a carwash operator from a negligence cause of action.
- Defended a franchisee sued in an auto-accident suit under respondeat superior; it was settled out of court.
- Secured judgments, sequestrations, and garnishments on behalf of an auto lender against dealerships and drivers.
- Successfully defended sellers of a gas station and dismissed a lawsuit by a motion for summary judgment where the buyer was seeking over $1 million worth of damages.
- Successfully secured a gag order for a restaurateur after a rival restaurant made disparaging remarks to the media.
- Defended and negotiated a settlement for a restaurateur facing a $4 million lawsuit by the FDIC.
- Represented 8 creditors that sued a failed corporation and its board members, directors, and successor-entity for, among other things, breach of contract, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and breach of fiduciary duty. Also, prevented the foreclosure of a $5 million commercial property by a temporary restraining order and temporary injunction.
- Defended a convenient store from an audit initiated by the USDA’s Food & Nutritional Service for multiple violations of FNS guidelines and misuse of Electronic Benefits Transfer account.